Ancient and Modern Jewellers Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is the Information Commissioner Office ICO:00041435175
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Personal Information is data or information that, either alone or in combination with other information collected, identifies an individual. Personal information may include:
- Full name
- Contact details – i.e. email address, mobile/phone number
- Your purchase history with House of Watches
- Analytics that show how you and other users navigate our website – i.e. IP address and operating system
- Payment details (only when you make a purchase).
- We may as for Personal Identification (passport or driving license) to validate payment.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS?
Yes we use third party service providers to help administer certain activities on our behalf. We may share Personal Information about you with such third party service providers. This information will only be to the extent necessary for the sole purpose of enabling them to perform services on our behalf.
Fulfilling purchases - We work with Sunshine Marketing SRL.
- Processing credit card payments (SagePay (Ebizmarts_BakerlooRestful) and Barclays):
- Sending emails (DotMailer):
We use of this third party email provider complies with applicable data protection laws and the choices available to you as described below under ‘Marketing Correspondence’.
- Providing advertisements (Google AdWords and Facebook):
From time to time, we provide email addresses of selected customers who have opted to receive marketing correspondence about our products to social network providers. This is so that social network providers can help us display advertisements on the social network pages of other users who share common qualities (e.g., demographics and interests) with our selected customers.
If you sign up to be notified by email when a particular product is available for purchase, we may also provide your email address to social network providers so they can help us display relevant advertisements about that product on your social network pages.
- Analysing usage of our website and tracking effectiveness of our marketing campaigns (Google Analytics):
Google Analytics is used to track site statistics, user demographics, interests and behaviour on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our users find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Learn more about how this analytics information may be used, and how to control the use of your information.
- Allowing users to connect to their social network (e.g. Facebook):
- Bing and Klevu / Bing / Klevu/ Reviews.co.uk/ Postcode Anywhere/ PinPoint Designs/Campaign Monitor/
- Affiliate Links and Third Parties’ Privacy Practices
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies (Close Brothers Retail Finance is a trading style of Close Brothers Limited - a subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc) for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ancient and Modern Jewellers Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In order to process your order or conduct services that you have instructed us to carry out.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.